Noise Control

EcoAcoustics have solutions from noise for planes, trains and automobiles

Occupational Health and Safety

Precaution is better than cure. Hearing protection is a sound investment. EcoAcoustics are specialists in Occupational Health and Safety

Event Noise Control

EcoAcoustics are Experts in "Keeping it Legal, and Keeping it Rocking"

Environmental Noise Control

It's a noisy environment we live in, EcoAcoustics can help

Transportation Noise

Are the noise levels from Transportation too much to bear? EcoAcoustics can help

Architectural Noise Design

EcoAcoustics can help design all types of buildings, including theatres, offices, sporting venues and restaurants.


Is the project too small or too big for EcoAcoustics?

EcoAcoustics work on projects of all sizes from small residential queries through to large mining, building, and infrastructure projects, with budgets ranging from several hundred dollars to several hundred thousand dollars. So it is likely we can handle your project. Please call us on 08 9367 1555 to discuss.

What are EcoAcoustics fees?

Our fees are obviously project dependent, and our qualified engineers and scientists typically charge between $150 and $220 per hour (excluding GST and costs).

How quickly can you provide a report?

EcoAcoustics response times vary according to staff availability and the complexity of the work required. However additional resources can be diverted to projects with genuine urgency to meet short timeframes.

What qualifications do your staff have?

EcoAcoustics professional staff are all qualified engineers or scientists, with specialty skills in acoustics and their associated subfields. Our director is a member of the AAS (Australian Acoustical Society).

Do you undertake work outside of Western Australia?

Yes we do. The majority of our work is in Western Australia, but we have been involved in projects across Australia and other countries . Please call us on 08 9367 1555 to discuss any project.

Do you work to Australian and International Standards?

Our work is conducted to the relevant standards, policies and guidelines. Our equipment is laboratory and field calibrated in accordance with these standards. Relevant standards can include AS 1055, AS 1191, AS 1269, AS 2021, AS/NZS 2107, AS 3671, AS/NZS ISO 140, and AS/NZS ISO 717.

Do you provide structural, civil, or electrical engineering services?

Unfortunately we don’t offer these services, as we specialise in acoustics, noise, and vibration.

Do you hire noise and/or vibration equipment?

Yes we do hire equipment though we prefer to also provide expert advice on how to use the equipment most effectively and interpret the results. We have a number of simple and advanced noise loggers, hand held meters, and other devices with octave, third-octave, audio recording and multi-channel capabilities. Please call us on 08 9367 1555 to discuss.

Do you sell noise and/or vibration equipment?

Yes we do sell equipment. Please see Our Products section on our website for further details on the products we sell, or please call us on 08 9367 1555 to discuss.

Do you provide training or courses?

Yes we do provide training and courses on acoustics, noise, and vibration, We also provide free basic training to professional groups or clients (existing or potential). Please call us on 08 9367 1555 to discuss.

I want to install timber/tiled flooring in my unit (or the tenants above have) – will it be OK?

Body corporate often handle this issue differently, with some requiring a carpet floor finish be maintained or its acoustic performance be maintained, some require a nominal acoustic rating from the floor finish, whilst others may have no comments on the issue. Regardless, tenants are entitled to reasonable peace, comfort and privacy in their property. It should be kept in mind that a floor with a hard finish (i.e. timber or tiles) is never as quiet to the tenants below as a floor with a carpet finish. There are numerous acoustic products which can be installed under hard floor finishes, and these have varying levels of performance.
Suppliers can provide an acoustic rating for the product, however be aware that the performance of any acoustic underlay product is specific to a building. There are a large number of variables that affect the performance including floor thickness, ceilings and wall type (load-bearing or otherwise). EcoAcoustics is able to provide acoustic advice, testing and reporting to determine the acoustical performance requirement.

My neighbours’ air-conditioner or pool pump is very noisy – can EcoAcoustics help?

EcoAcoustics is able to conduct a site visit, measure the noise levels and provide a report stating whether the equipment is compliant with legislation. We can also provide advice as to how the equipment can be quietened through relocation, enclosure or equipment upgrade. EcoAcoustics is able to provide acoustic advice, testing and reporting, and our usual consulting rates apply.

My house is in a transport noise corridor – can EcoAcoustics help?

EcoAcoustics is able to provide noise assessments as per the requirements of the Western Australia’s state government’s transport noise corridor requirements. Often a noise assessment conducted by EcoAcoustics will result in less requirements for the dwelling construction and can potentially save thousands of dollars in costs. Contact EcoAcoustics on 08 9367 1555 to discuss.